By Karen Lim
Effective July 1, 2019, trademark official fees have been reduced as follows:
- Official fees for renewal applications halved from RMB1000 to RMB500 per class (about USD 140 to USD 70). A further 10% reduction applies to renewals filed online.
- Official fees to record changes of owner name/address and trademark agent, and to limit or correct the specification reduced from RMB250 to RMB150 (about USD 35 to USD 21). No official fee will be payable for such modifications filed online.
- Official fees reduced by 10% for electronic filings of trademark applications, recordal of assignments, requests for registration certificates, and recordal of licenses.
United Arab Emirates
Effective at least as early as July 11, 2019:
- Trademark registration fees reduced from AED 10,000 to AED 6,700 (about USD 2,725 to USD 1,825). Filing and publication fees remain the same.
- Total renewal fees (including renewal filing and publication) reduced from AED 12,000 to AED 8,700 (USD 3,270 to USD 2,370).